"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, May 23, 2011

A new path

"The Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step"
I think of that quote a lot,
and how we can do big things one step at a time.

Our development is chugging along. It has been so much work lately that I sometimes wish I could have sleep instead of developing land.

Today Lily, Sophie and I loved the environment enough to walk to the grocery store instead of drive. We just needed a few things and it was a beautiful day, so we walked, playing at the park on the way there and back. Lily really grumbled about having to walk to the store (she really had to walk) but whenever she complained I reminded her that I would buy her a strawberry milk and that made her happy. She kept asking me why we didn't drive again? And the answer was... mostly because it was a beautiful day, but a little because if we WALK by our development we get to watch the workers longer then if we DRIVE by... and they are putting the SIDEWALK in and turns out... that is a fun process to watch.

You use to see our land as just the dirt lot in the distance:
Then our wall went up:
(and within that wall lots of other fun utility trenching and grading)
Then the most exciting thing was the sidewalk forms:
And now there is an actual real sidewalk!!!
I am laughing at the sign above, I am not sure why its there. Its a pedestrian walking with an arrow. I guess it is labeling that the sidewalk is not just for aesthetics, but you can actually walk on it, though at the same time blocking the way so you can't walk on it YET.

Turns out, it has been really fun watching the sidewalk be formed and created.
(Way more fun then staying up late stressing about numbers, talking to the bank, driving to Title company, ever still negotiating the Usage Agreement with the other HOA, reviewing the Public Report docs today and talking to Eric late tonight about letters, wether I like the paint color and the timing on how we are going to wrap all this up, etc...)

but seriously, what a crazy exciting journey.

1 comment:

angela hardison said...

so exciting! can't wait to see how everything turns out... i'm sure it is all going to be beautiful.