"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bishop

A few weekends ago I brought my friend Rachelle and went to the "Womens Retreat" to a cabin in Prescott, AZ with 20+ ladies from our ward. The car ride with 5 of us lady friends was so fun... HOWEVER... Within 5 minutes of getting to the cabin Bishop Haws comes up to me and says, "Can I have your car keys, your car has a flat tire"

NOTE: Even though it was an ALL womens retreat, in the church you always have a few men there, constantly staying out of our way, but ever present in form of personal bodyguards in case needed.
I love the church.

Bishop was so wonderful, he didn't even ask, just got right to work jacking my car up and changing tires for me. A few ladies were like, "Oh no, I am so sorry, are you stressed out?" I laughed and was like, "it is really not that stressful sitting in a chair watching Bishop change my tire and taking pictures of him"... ha ha.


Wouldn't you know I only got 4 pictures of the whole retreat, all of the Bishop changing my car tires, before my camara batteries died.
None of our lady fun on film.

But really, he is so wonderful, I am so thankful for the presence of leaders in my life who constantly urge and inspire us to reach higher and become better. (Funny the things people say that stick with you... years ago he said to us that when we are in the car with our children sometimes we need to just turn the radio off and talk to each other... I still remember that and often think of him saying that, then I turn my radio off and talk with my children. That is just one of many examples...)

No comments: