Ashlin was asked to Spring Formal in the middle of Dallin's birthday party (party post below).
She was delivered a big basket of easter eggs filled with candy... and she had to open them all and find the eggs with words in them, then put the words together to spell out, "Will you go to Spring Formal with me?"... then the name of the boy which happened to be "Dallin", just like her little brother.
Bruce grew up in Tuba City, AZ... so he didn't grow up in the world of "creative" dance asking and answering. He can't stop acting like he thinks it's ridiculous it has to be a production and they can't just say, "Will you go with me" and "yes I'll go"...
However, check out Bruce below. Oh he was so right with Ashlin opening all the eggs, lining up the words, anticipating the next one found (while I was running Dallin's birthday party outside). He kept making retarded sentences with all the words then trying to convince Ashlin that's what it was meant to say. He was all kinds of entertained with this big basket of eggs.
You can't fool us Bruce, we know your jealous of the creative fun. Check out his face below. He is full of all kinds of comments lately about Prom like... "I have to interview him before you can go"... "I am going to tell him he's not allowed to hold your hand"... "pairing off is against the 'For the Strength of youth'". While we were dress shopping Bruce called Ashlin's cell phone and she was so nervous to answer. After a while of her laughing at whatever he was saying she gave me the phone and said, "First he asked if he was going to have to get a second job because of the dress... but then he started talking about dogs barking and now I don't even understand what he is saying, mom you need to talk to him".... ha ha, I have just been cracking up at how awkward having a beautiful teenage daughter now at dating age has made Bruce.
So to answer him her and Vanessa decided to keep with the same theme and deliver a chocolate bunny with the note, "I wouldn't go with any BUNNY else"... CUTE. But then I said, wouldn't it be funny to get a full Easter Bunny costume to deliver it to him in. Ashlin's friend Vanessa is a CRAZY woman, I love it... and she was SO excited begging us to let her dress up as the Easter Bunny. We were like where do we find a full adult Easter Bunny costume?? FACEBOOK! I posted it on Facebook at 11:00pm, "Does anyone have an adult Easter Bunny costume"... and within SEVEN MINUTES this girl Jana who I have seen once in the last 18 years replied she'd hook us up with one... I LOVE FACEBOOK!!!
ha ha.
So I picked up the girls from lunch to take it to his highschool cafeteria during his lunch... but they wouldn't let us in. So we went out to lunch instead. Then after school we tried again and I drove them to his baseball practice. They were in the middle of a practice game... he was in the dug out... Vanessa was in costume, carrying the bunny and stereo playing "Easter Bunny Hop" really loud while she bounced in and delivered the bunny to him in the dug out.
I have to admit I was embarrassed to come home and admit to Bruce that they wouldn't let us in the high school... he already thinks we're crazy.... but at least they got in the baseball practice!
5 comments:
Well I'm sorry that Bruce missed out on this fun HS tradition! :) I have lots of memories of the crazy/silly things we did asking/answering to dances. I can't believe Ashlin is old enough to date!!! Yikes!! Caleb turns 12 on Thursday and that freaks me out enough! :)
Wait one minute!!!!! Ashlin is MY future daughter-in-law! I'm with Bruce on this one - that guy is trouble.
So fun!!
Ok, Ashlin has the greatest friend ever!! That girl is so brave to hop into a dugout full of high school boys dressed like a bunny, lol!I'm glad we have 2 1/2 more years 'til Sierra can date! Such a fun post! I'm glad the creative asking tradition has died out.
Vanessa is crazy brave, that is AWESOME! Oh man to be denied entrance and then come back infront of a bunch of boys... I was nervous just reading about it! Crazy fun!
Post a Comment