Dallin turns 13
Dallin and his buddy Caden had a joint birthday party at our house last week. They passed out flyers at school to some friends. We were thinking they probably had like 7 friends between them... but to our surprise, there were like 20 kids who came.
We set up the fire pit and had the kids roast hotdogs themselves for dinner, projected a movie out back, put out the bean bag toss game, had ping pong going... and they just hung out. It was a fun party. Especially since Caden and DJ's parents came and stayed so Bruce and I had friends to hang with too.
Later they came inside to open some presents and be sung to...
There was no cake... we just put candles in a platter containing all the fixins for Smores, the kids sang to them then went out back and made Smores in the fire. The party was suppose to end at 10, but many kids stayed later. When a party goes later because people don't want to leave... I feel like we must have provided a fun party and that makes me happy.
Funny story:
So there were G.I.R.L.S. at this party, but before you go thinking Dallin is 13 and smoothly suave with the ladies.... I gave him flyers and told him to give them to some girls his age in our neighborhood/church when he see's them at school. I wasn't sure if Dallin would do this so I emailed some of the moms I know to tell them their daughters were invited. To my surprise my friend emailed back and said Dallin had indeed walked up to her daughter and friend and gave them a flyer at school. I was impressed he was brave enough. She then replied and said her daughter said Dallin saw them across they way, got this determined look on his face, walked right over to them, handed them each a flyer and walked away, not saying a word.
Ha Ha, I love junior high.
Happy Birthday Dallin!
ps- Dallin begged for and got a unicycle for his birthday, it's quite hard, but he's working on it.
2 comments:
happy birthday dallin!! My oldest Daniel turns 13 next month and I have been trying to think of what kind of party to do for him. Isn't it crazy having teenagers! That looks like the perfect birthday bash!
I love all those cute jr. high kids! So fun reading about Dallin inviting the girls.. I could just picture him doing it!
Post a Comment