"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Saturday, February 5, 2011

Waiting Spot

This is the "Waiting Spot" at our house. I love it.
I wanted to record one of the every day things we do. The front door to our house is actually on the side of our house. We put a swing bench off the porch. Often when a carpool is coming to pick kids up... or someone very exciting is coming over... we go sit out on the swing bench and wait and swing and wait.

Every morning, Lily's carpool comes to take her to preschool. So every morning Lily and I sit out on the swing bench with her backpack, and often a book, and wait together and swing.
I love it.
I am usually still in my pajamas, like below.
But I don't always make weird faces with my lip like below, this morning I had a big honkin cold sore I was trying to conceal.

Lily's BFF Lucy comes, we hug... then she runs away from me.... and we wave good-bye for the morning.
And she is always hoping its friday, because fridays at preschool means treasure box.


PS- The "Waiting Spot" is also the place I escape to when the weather is nice and all my kids are driving me crazy. I quietly leave the house when no one is looking and sit out and swing by myself.... but usually someone finds me... and they come and swing with me,
but that is okay too.

No comments: