"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Assertiveness

In November Emma and her bestest Mikayla came to me saying they wanted to sing a special musical number in Sacrament meeting at church. I told them Sis. Hamada was in charge of scheduling those and forgot about it.

Within a few days they let me know that they contacted Sis Hamada, scheduled a date for them to sing in January, chose a song, "A Child's Prayer", wanted to know if I would play the piano for them and when could our first practice be.

They asked 2 other girls in our ward to join them, so it was 4 girls, but one left church before I got a picture. They did so good (I was so nervous to play the piano in front of ward, but how could I say no). They dressed all matching in black dresses.... and matching turquoise flowers in their spiral curled hair. (Emma had called her Aunt Chrissy and asked if she would make them matching flowers for the occasion, she was so kind to oblige.) They looked so darling up there all matching, and sang so sweet and innocently the beautiful words about how God hears us when we pray.

If you want something
to get done,
I suggest you ask
Emma and Mikayla.


No comments: