"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Valentines Dinner

"Two Birds Floating in a Sea of Love"....

this is what we have had EVERY valentines day, by candlelight, with the children, for dinner, since Bruce and I were married. (Thats 15 Valentines Days)

We make chicken parmigiana, light the candles, set the mood music, tape the hearts up, serve sparkling cider... and go around the table saying why we love each person.

okay, not every reason between the children would be classified as "nice".... like, "I love so and so because he's someone to fight with..." and Lily couldn't think of anything nice about anyone, but she's 4. Last year when I was telling Bruce all the reasons I loved him, I started crying.

This year Ashlin told me that most kids in highschool can't stand their parents, but she is so glad she loves being with me, and has fun with me, just like a friend.... made my day.


Then afterwards... a treasure hunt with clues, through the house, that leads to the dessert.

Tradition.

No comments: