"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Las Vegas

Bruce had a Veterinary conference in Las Vegas... and Sophie and I left the other 5 children at home and went with him on
Y Valentines weekend Y

Honestly, when all was said and done, I LOVED just driving there with Bruce... Sophie was so good, and we actually had HOURS in a row just to talk to eachother. Amazing.
Sophie LOVED having me in the back next to her for part of the way... but especially loved when we were stuck in traffic getting past the Hoover Dam for ONE AND A HALF HOURS!

Since the traffic was almost non-moving, we took her out of her carseat... look how she loved it:


Truth be told... Bruce was kind of bugged we were stopped in traffic for so long. I was not. How EASY it is to be in a car with out SIX children. I said to him, "In the past when I've had all the kids and been stopped in traffic, I've looked at other people who THINK they're miserable in their cars with NO children crying about the stop and thought they didn't even know how hard it could be..." and this delay didn't even rattle me, I had my cute baby to play with and feed and a husband to talk to.


The first day there was HEAVENLY. Bruce went to class and I.... didn't even leave my hotel room. My friend Brittany lent me this book:

I started reading it in the morning, and never wanted to put it down. I read and cried all day... Sophie napped, nursed, played next to me... for hours... until I finished. I felt the spirit so strong. It made me want to be a better mom, a more serving and giving person. It was just what I needed.

That evening when I finally left the hotel room for dinner... I had had such a spiritual experience in my little world of the hotel room with just Sophie and I, that it was WIERD to walk out on the strip of Las Vegas and remember that is where I had been all day, but forgotten that was even around me.

We stayed at the New York, New York




EVEN though there are some cool things to look at there... LAS VEGAS IS A GROSS PLACE, and I honestly hope to never go back.

We still had a great time, just to get away... and I left the strip and did shopping... and spent Valentines Day eating WAY YUMMY food with Bruce...

...and Sophie

And I was glad we went.
And Sophie was glad too...


1 comment:

The Wiser Side said...

You are too cute-always looking on the bright side. We always take the Laughlin way now because we've been stuck on the dam. And Vegas isn't so bad-love the fountains at Bellagio (probably the only place on the stip that you can feel the spirit)