"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Babysat

For the first time in Sophie's life, this last weekend she did not get to come on "Date Night" with Bruce and I. Yep, she is almost 7 months old, and I was finally brave enough to leave her home.

I totally trust Ashlin with her, but.... there.... are..... just so many other kids at home too, that I worry.

We came home to this, Sophie sleeping on the couch with Ashlin. What a sweet big sister.

And I might add that it could have taken longer to leave her home, but Bruce and I were both exhausted enough, that we NEEDED a break. I think I can honestly say this last 2 months have been the most sleep deprived we have had EVER since having babies. Sophie has been so congested for 2 months on and off... that she wakes up all night. I really and truly have averaged like 5 hours of sleep a night for weeks now. TIRED is who I am.

So when my friend Elena invited us to their house for games, and said that for her birthday all she wanted was for us to all get babysitters and come child-less (ha ha). I was like YES, I NEED a night like that!! We stayed until almost midnight. It was so fun. (Thanks Elena)

And look at that, Ashlin and Sophie did great. We just might have to do it again.... who wants us to come to their house next???

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Me! Come to my house!

Grand Central Staten said...

We do! We do! But our kids would revolt if yours didn't come. Maybe we could leave all 11 in Ashlin and Sydney's care and the 4 adults go out? Then again..... Just come visit us in Tucson and we will just lay on the couch for 2 days.