"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, February 8, 2010

Baby

Sophie will be 7 months old Feb 10th. Wow. Bruce finally decided it was time to upgrade her bed. She has been in a little bassinet all this time. Since we were about to start greasin' the sides to get her in and out, he said she needed a bigger bed.

Sophie liked her little bed. This morning I was trying to get her to take a morning nap, but she kept waking up, stressed out with all the room in her new big bed.

After many attempts, I finally decided to let her cry for a little while, to see if she would fall asleep. I was down stairs and happen to be checking someones blog who had pictures of their cute baby. I was looking at their pictures thinking how PRECIOUS babies are, then realized it was pretty messed up that I was looking at a blog picture of a baby thinking that, while MY baby was upstairs crying. So even though it had been less then 10 minutes, I went and got her out of her big bed and brought her downstairs with me.

Look how much she loves me.


She was so happy laying there with me for a little bit. She was so thankful I took her out of the big scary crib, but then she decided that even though it had not been 3 hours since eating, she didn't care about "the clock", and wanted more then a pacifier....

It's amazing how babies are so tiny, yet they KNOW how to get what they want.

The first months of nursing are SO hard and SO painful, at that time I always have to keep reminding myself that it gets better and it's worth it eventually... and oh how it is. She is so tense when she takes her occasional bottle, but when she nurses, she is... just.... so.... relaxed, and content. I love it.

Look how happy she is now,
I love that only I can make her that happy.


So even after eating, she still didn't want to go up to sleep in her new big bed, but just wanted to play.

Who do you think Sophie is staring at so intently...
(I love baby profiles)

Lily, ofcourse... PEEK-A-BOO!


Lily LOVES Sophie, and smothers her with her crazyness.

Bruce told me that babies can get autism from being over-stimulated. This stresses me out.
It could actually be a problem at our house.

The kids are constantly in Sophie's face playing with her,
repeating the same thing... over and over and over,
"Hi Sophe, Hi Sophe, Hi Sophe, Hi Sophe"......

I am trying to calm them down about it,
but isn't she lucky to be so loved?

It's amazing how you forget just how hard it is to get stuff done with a baby (and how depressing a messy house can be).

I find I really have to force myself to remember that it will go by too fast, so I just have to cherish it now while it's here.

2 comments:

Grand Central Staten said...

Such a cute post. I'm going to go get Paige out of her crib and bring her into bed with me. You'll never regret time spent snuggling your kids.

The Hunts said...

I love the family picture!