"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Good Deed

It is amazing how much a few kind words can mean.

Yesterday Emma and I walked alone together to a park a little ways away in our neighborhood. (She held my hand the whole way there and back, so sweet) On our way there we ran in to a new girlfriend of hers that I'd never met, and she joined us walking to the park.

While they were playing at the park I overheard her friend say to Emma, "Your mom is pretty".

It surprised me, and was so sweet, that I got tears in my eyes. Because I am deep in to double-digits overweight, people just don't say that about me.

She more likely just thought I was nice, because Emma and I were holding hands and I was having them sing to me, and I was laughing with them. None-the-less, it reminded me just how much a few kind words to a tired heart can mean. It brightened my day. :)

I left thinking that I need to say kind words to others more often then I do.

3 comments:

angela hardison said...

you are beautiful. just so you know, i seriously think that every single time i see you.

(not to mention that you've got the most fun personality ever.)

Kimmy said...

Are you kidding...you have always been one of the most beautiful people I've ever known...inside AND out. I've always wished I could look like you!

The Wiser Side said...

Cherryl-you are beautiful!! And always have been! Plus you are just an amazing person-which makes you just plain cool. So I'm lucky that I am a friend of a cool person ;o)