"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, January 18, 2010

Chicken Wings

Dallin's 11 year old scout troop went on a 7.2 mile hike. Bruce, who went with them, came home laughing, that for the last half of the hike they talked about... seriously... chicken wings, prompted by Dallin I am sure, who is obsessed with them. They were all talking tough about suicide wings, how HOT they could eat, and lots of boasting and such.

The prize for straight A's at our house is a night out with mom or dad. And if you're Dallin, that means a night at Native Newyorker for Chicken wings.

When Dallin got straight A's I told him we should invite his buddies to go with him and Bruce, so they could have their own "Chicken Wing Challenge".

I, ofcourse, made invitations:
When they got home, it was so funny. They walked in and I said, "How did it go?" To which Connor immediately replied, "not good" and walked straight to the bathroom. Bruce informed me that it wasn't his first visit. It was his first time having chicken wings, and Connor told me that it will probably be the last. (though he was such a good sport and still had fun)
The other boys however, loved their wings. They challenged eachother to each eat 1 suicide wing:

Isaac walked in the house telling me, "the suicide wings aren't even hotter then the medium".

To which Bruce responded, "then why were you crying when you ate the suicide wing??!"

And Isaac exclaims loudly, "they were tears of JOY!"

Ha ha, Dallin and DJ were cracking up at him because he cried while eating the suicide wing, and Bruce says, "you guys were crying too!"

And Dallin and DJ said, "we didn't CRY we just had tears in our eyes... but Isaacs tears were running down his face!!!"

Ha ha, it was so funny. They had fun, but apparently the physical reaction to eating a suicide wing is tears.

Then they played Rockband all night for their guys party.
I love these boys.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

You are the best mom ever!! That sounds like so much fun. Ryan is also obsessed with wings so I am thinking I'll have to borrow this idea.