As a family we just fulfilled our annual quota of carved pumpkins. The next step for us is always to then cook the pumpkin seeds for yummy munching.
Here for you is the perfect kid job, as they cannot REALLY help in the carving department with little sharp knives, yet they are persistent in getting their hands involved in some way...
While Bruce carves, my kids seperate the seeds from the orange gush, to then wash for... PUMPKIN SEEDS!
Surprisingly, everybody doesn't keep the seeds from the pumpkins they carve, but disgard them... WHAT?! How incredibly wasteful!
Pumpkin Seeds:
1. Wash and Dry the seeds.
2. Combine approx 2 cups seeds, 1/4 cup salt and 1 quart water in a pot.
3. Bring to boil and boil for 15 minutes.
4. Drain and spread on towell to dry.
5. Place seeds in a shallow baking pan and bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
6. Cool and store in dry place.
1 week ago
7 comments:
Thanks for posting that. I always wanted to know how to cook the pumpkin seeds but didn't have the recipe. Unfortunately I will not be able to do it this year because we already carved ours and the seeds are gone.
Yum! I'm totally making some tonight at pumpkin time.
cherryl! Hey, emily told me about your blog last night! You really have the cutest family. I was looking at your header picture and realized I can't wait for that many kids and such perfact ages too. Hey what happened to our plan to get prego in the fall?:) Well emily and I should totally come over soon. Oh and wow ashlin is gorgeous!
YOU. HAVE. A. BLOG. and I had NO IDEA! I honestly have no idea how to feel about this. No idea at all. Actually- on second thought I do, hhhuuuuurrrrrttttt Cheryl. Thats how i feel.
Oh, i remember making pumpkin seeds every Halloween with my family! They are so yummy!
Thanks for this recipe, I have always wanted to do this!
I never knew you could do this until I went to college-and then I became addicted.
Post a Comment