"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Friday, October 24, 2008

Vernon Summeration 2008

Our family tradition for the last 4 years has been the "Summer List". On the Monday (Family Home Evening) night before summer starts we get out a plain piece of paper and compile a to-do list. The kids each get to take turns naming something (within reason) they want to do that summer. We include any scheduled family vacations and it thus becomes our objective to check off all items. This year we titled it "Vernon Summeration" and it was taped to our chalkboard all summer as we checked things off. Here are a few:







Baking Party- Check























Ride City Bus to the Mall- Check


Jet Ski/Boat Trip- Check














San Diego Trip with all of Blake family- Check



























7 comments:

Nichols Family said...

YAY! Thanks for your link! :) I'm excited to get caught up!

Anonymous said...

Yay Cherryl, I love the new blog!!! Payton enjoyed naming off you, your kids, and other family members he knows but hasn't seen in a while!

Alisa said...

I have been waiting for a post for a couple weeks now so I'm proud of you for going big!

Bekah Jennings said...

I love this idea to do a summer check-off list! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and I will definitely do this for Summer, and probably for the Christmas season, too, that way what my kids really want to do gets done.

Derek and Janel said...

yea cherryl, welcome to the blogging world!!! derek and i got into it not to long ago!! anyway, add us to your list; we would love it!! now emma can look at derek when ever she wants! tell the kids we say hi!

angela hardison said...

Welcome welcome...finally!

This summer check-off list is a cute idea. I LOVE crossing things off of lists. Maybe I'll do a 2009 list (yes, even though I don't have kids..)

We miss you - it's been a while!

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

I seriously hope I am as good of a mom as you are when I grow up :) You guys have so much fun. Tell Emma thanks for the super cute birthday picture.