So Dallin decided to do high school football this next year.
He really regrets not doing it his freshman year.
He's been going to the spring training ever since wrestling ended.
The last week of school they had a father-son football tournament. So cool. All the boys soph-seniors could come with their fathers or other adult mentor. I've been impressed with the values of these football coaches Dallin has. I worried about him doing football for the atmosphere. But it has been a very positive impressive experience so far.
They randomly set up a bunch of boy teams, and father teams. Bruce was luckily on a team with some other guys in our stake that we knew. So the moms and I sat on the side and chatted. Above picture is the FINAL GAME of the tournament. Lucky day, Dallin AND Bruce's team BOTH made it to the final game.... but the boys won! No surprise.
Funny thing:
Bruce and the other dads on his team were exhausted and spent after 2 hours of like 6 mini games trying to prove they still "had it". They walked over to the bleachers happy to do be done, having given everything physically. Bruce sat down on the bleachers next to me with his free hot dog and soda. Half way through his hot dog they announced the final teams. Bruce's team made the finals! Ha ha. He was hoping he was done for the day.... he didn't even get to finish his hot dog, and got up for more. I saw him walk over to the other equally as exhausted dad, Br. Lauder and deliver the surprise that he had to come out and play again. Their facial expressions were so funny. Us wives laughed, as they pulled together what energy they had left and went out again, knowing they would have happily just eaten a hot dog and let another "dad team" team make the finals. ha ha.


1 comment:
Awesome! I love that Bro. Tringham was filling in for one of the boys (at least that's what I'm gathering from the photo)...inspiring.
The church is so true. Faith, Family, Service, Love.
Post a Comment