"Young Women in Excellence"
was in September.
I am so thankful for the Young Womens program. When I think about all the ways this program blessed my life and now my daughters life, I am so deeply grateful. From making goals to grow spiritually and increase their talents, to lessons on sundays and loving leaders, to service opportunities and friendships, to participating in stake sport teams (softball & volleyball), and going to girls camp each summer... I cannot imagine a program more vast and perfect to help these girls in every aspect of their life become better people.
And one night a year we honor them and their achievements. We get together for an evening where the girls get to display something they've worked on. My heart was so full of gratitude to have 2 beautiful daughters there.
Emma played a beautiful version of "I am a Child of God" and did it practically flawless.
All the young women sang us a beautiful song.
I pretty much cried this entire night because of the powerful spirit of God that was present. I could just feel how special each one of those unique young ladies are to God. And I was so proud of them.
Ashlin and CariAnn got together and made cupcakes with each of the young women value colors frosting and the center one in white with a white chocolate silhouette of the temple they made, to display.
(ha ha, Lauren above trying to lean out of the picture cracked me up)
These are Ashlins 2 besties and I just love them.
I am so proud of Ashlin who on her own started going to the temple every tuesday after school (now that she can drive and has a car to use) to assist with baptisms. Then these girls started to go. And now every week they text a bunch of kids and call it "Temple Tuesdays". Last week over fall break she took her siblings with her, Dallin and Emma. It made my heart so happy. Yesterday while we were driving to church Emma said to me, "Mom, I love going to church". My heart was full of gratitude all day long because of that statement. Last sunday Dallin got up on his own to bare his testimony in sacrament meeting. I cried when I found out I missed it. Nothing makes me happier than to know my children feel in their hearts a closeness to God that motivates their actions. I bare my testimony to them all the time and tell them through my tears that I promise that absolutely nothing will bring them happiness in this life more than serving the Lord and keeping His commandments. Last night I laid on the floor in Dallin and Logan's room, and Emma laid on my lap, and we sang hymns that they chose, and I bore that same testimony to them again, and I cried and they listened and even each added their own thoughts and told me their feelings. My children aren't perfect, and neither am I. So I am so thankful for moments like that where we can all remember what really matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment