
My cousin emily emailed me this collage of some pictures she took. I didn't even know she took them. I didn't take any pictures that day.
My Aunt Bev made the chili pepper arrangement. I cried when she walked in with it, so my mom.
The picture above is probably kind of weird, because a few people were smiling. My dad, my 2 sisters and the grandkids were all standing around to say our last goodbyes after the graveside prayer. Then some people took our picture, I think its instinct for the kids to smile when they see a camera. However, quite honestly, we laughed and cried at the funeral. It really was a celebration of my mothers life and everything we learned from her. We told multiple funny stories but also many sweet ones, and we cried because we were sad too. But all I really cared about was that my mother was watching from heaven and felt our love and gratitude for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment