Ashlin walked in the door from her tennis match tuesday night
yelling how excited she was that she played a good game and won... then as she walked in the kitchen, still yelling about the tennis match, she saw the big mess everywhere, stopped and said,
"Woe- whats going on in here?"
Emma had to make a DIORAMA
about a book she had read.
{I love making dioramas}
She was doing it on her own when I got home from Cub Scouts... I immediately got involved. Which I am sure Emma has love/hate feelings about. She wanted me to help her make the water... but didn't want me TOO involved because she likes to be independent. At one point I started to glue something and she said, "Mom- can I glue it, this is my project?" Then I went over to Bruce and laid my head on his shoulder and grumped. I said, "Why can't someone give ME a diorama assignment, then I don't have to let the kids do it?" :(
I am a dork officially, but dioramas are so fun.
I loved the cute little rope hanging from the tree, to swing across the river, like in the book.
I loved the darling sun Emma came up with on her own, she stuffed it with tissue paper. And the cute little wood plank bridge across the river.
I LOVEd the darling little book we made out of cardboard and paper, to show the characters in the story read under the tree.
Good Job Emma!!
{Ashlin did a photo shoot of Emma last month for photography, she took this}
And guess what?
Today is Bruce and my anniversary.

Bruce surprised me and made me breakfast in bed.
I love him. How does he ever put up with me?
I am SO excited to give him my surprise gift this afternoon.
4 comments:
Awesome job, Emma! And happy 18!! WOW!
Happy Anniversary!! (So...how DID you make the water in the diorama??)
Cherryl, whoa baby that is some gorgeous water. You were born to rock the diorama.
Also, we would love an update on the sticker chart for kindness. I am dying to know what the winners got.
Love it!! Nice to know that there are fellow dorks out there. Maybe we can assign each other projects to do...;o)
Post a Comment