"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, September 5, 2011

Family Dynamics

I really did always want a big family, but I really did picture my kids being closer in age then they came. My oldest is right now 16 and my youngest, only 2...

A few nights ago I asked Ashlin to put Sophie's pajamas on while I tucked the other kids in bed. The entire time I was putting the other kids in bed I could hear Ashlin and Sophie in my bedroom laughing and laughing, Ashlin was tickling her or something. I had to sneak by the door and peak to see how cute they were and watch them for a few minutes. It made me so happy. I can really see what a blessing it is for our older children to have little-bitty siblings. They have so many opportunities to serve. Yet they still all beg to take care of Sophie, I am so thankful. Somehow, through all our chaos, I think they are learning great lessons in selflessness. So its good, even though its different then I had pictured.

AND P.S.
Lily is a READER now!!!!

Every day Lily and I have been working together in our FIRST READER books, learning how to sound out words. On friday I was doing the dishes and Lily came in to the kitchen carrying the above "I See My Dad" book. She was SO excited and told me "I CAN READ ALL BY MYSELF!". She read me the whole book perfectly, sounding all the words out on her own while I did the dishes. She was SO proud. It almost made me cry. And after she read it to me like 3 times in a row, she said she wanted to call Ashlin and tell her. So she called Ashlin's cell phone and told her she read her first book all by herself, and I could hear Ashlin squealing on the other end, telling her how proud she was. :)

1 comment:

Alisa said...

That is so tender. They are so cute together. Isn't it funny how things never go according to plans but they work out just right...