"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Veggies and stuff

A new school year... a new goal.
I have been consciously trying to make sure I and my family eat more fruits and vegetables... 5 a day baby.

I had the BEST idea. I bought this "Whole Foods" book, not because I am starting a crazy diet... but because it has a section where it lists many common fruits and vegetables with a brief description of how that fruit or vegetable helps us. At dinner time I have been reading my kids the paragraph about whichever fruit or vegetable we are eating, so they understand specifically what wonderful thing it does for their body.

I think its actually helped us all want to eat more of these amazing things God made "for the benefit of man".

1 comment:

d.jo said...

Oh my gosh! I love these pictures!

5 a day is a great goal! I love to get my produce at Sprouts. The other day I got TONS of fruits and veggies for like nothing. I feel more motivated to eat that many servings a day when I have a wide variety to choose from. Because, let's face it. If the only veggie in your fridge is squash...even if you love it...you might not want to eat it. But if you have brussel sprouts in there, too...then you REALLY want to eat the squash, because you KNOW brussel sprouts taste like WEEDS. Haha!