Another thing on our summer to-do list...
"Sound of Music" Night
Bruce set up the big screen and projector to watch it.
And what is Bruce slaving away on below?
Hint:
"Cream colored Ponies and Crisp Apple Strudel...
Door-bells and sleigh-bells
and Schnitzel with Noodle..."
(yes, that is SCHNITZEL in the making)
Since we have had the "Sound of Music" soundtrack in our car for years, and its one of Lily's favorite... I decided how fun to actually make "Schnitzel with Noodle and Crisp Apple Strudel" like in the song. I wanted us to experience what those things really are.
After researching the recipe for Austrian Schnitzel... here is the photo I took of our "Sound of Music" dinner that we ate while watching the movie in the background. It was really yummy. (Beckam kept saying over and over, "this is gooood chicken, even though it was pork loin)
"Schnitzel with Noodle"
"Crisp Apple Strudel" for dessert
(made from scratch of course)
It's always fun to watch a movie on the projector with a baby around, she loved the lights on the projector...
"Move it Sophie. We can't see the movie!!"
♥♥♥
This was honestly such a fun family night with just our family (and cutest special guest 4 yr old Beckam), that Ashlin and I are already planning the next "Dinner and a Movie" night... we're dreaming up some Island Movie so we can make an Island theme dinner... any suggestions???
6 comments:
Worst day ever.
I was trying to click "Place in Cart" right next to that apple strudel and it didn't work.
Nim's Island is a cute movie!
Beckam had an absolute blast. Thanks so much for having him. And you'll have to teach me how to make that 'chicken', haha. Apparently it was amazing.
You are the cutest mom.
what an awesome idea that I might have to steal :) the food looks delish, and we love the sound of music, I just wish I could get josh into it more lol..you are an awesome mom!
South Pacific, of course! Or perhaps any number of old Elvis movies. BTW - can I be just like you when I grow up? For reals?
soooo fun. You need to have the a revote on the coolest parent. lol
Post a Comment