My dad is so great! He owns 5 kayaks.
Last weekend we planned a Kayaking trip up to Prescott with my parents and sisters/hubbies and kids. I had been planning this little day trip for weeks and was anticipating this beautiful green scenery. When we got there and it was kind of a glorified desert, I was disappointed at first. But then once we got out on the water, I was surprised how beautiful it was.
We brought stuff for a picnic lunch AND all the stuff for a campfire and cookout after dark.
The best part of the trip for me was kayaking with my little 2 year old Sophie. She totally cried when I first made her get in with me, but then she loved it. To see her little head in front of me pointing at the birds, touching the water and singing "Row Row Row Your Boat" with me was just this blessed moment in time.
She's waving below. She loved seeing grandpa kayak with his dog too.
Even cute Lily was a paddler.
Can you see how poor little Sophie has a sunburn? Aren't I a bad mom... we all got a little burned, I totally forgot Sunblock.
The boys were in heaven exploring, catching crawdads, swimming, and kayaking with their cousins. One time out on the lake I paddled by Logan and Calvin kayaking on their own. They had pulled over on the lake and Logan was trying to climb out because he said he had to pee. Him and Calvin were yelling at each other trying to coordinate the kayak staying ashore for Logan to climb out. I just laughed and kayaked on by them without helping. It was cute to happen upon these little boys having their own little adventure/drama and let them figure it out themselves. Logan eventually gave up and just jumped in the water to pee. ha ha.
My 3 big girls...
Cooper and Lily above collecting little tiny snail shells that were everywhere. It was so funny to look out on the lake and see 5 year old Cooper kayaking all by himself.
After dark we packed up the kayaks and went to the campsites to have a "mock campout". We didn't sleep over, just had a fire, a hot dog cookout AND a "Campfire Program". Oh yes, I made assignments and we had a skit, jokes, songs and treats.
Do you see how much Sophie loved our campfire cook out? She cried intensely through most of it, which was stressful. Oh well, you take the bad with the good. And overall, it was a good day.
1 comment:
Can we be unofficial members of the greater Vernon family?!!!!!? Please!!!!!!!! Our younger kids already think that they are cousins with your kids. We would totally have so much fun with you guys at the lake, at the cabin, in San Diego and everywhere (anywhere) else.
Actually, if I can convince Ashlin to marry Zachary, we will be members of the family. Oh, I'm so back on task with that mission.
Post a Comment