Logan came home from school monday after we went to the lake with this picture he drew of him kayaking:

This picture tells a funny story from the lake, he did a great job capturing right what the below moment looked like.
When Logan, Sophie and I went together in the kayak we rowed over to this area on the lake where there is a big bare tree that grew out of the middle of the lake (just like in Logans picture above). There were like 5 of these big cool black birds, like Herons or Cranes. Since Sophie is OBSESSED with birds right now I started rowing over to the tree showing Sophie the big cool birds. I thought I would row right under the tree so we could look up at the beautiful birds really close. As I got within about 15 feet of the tree the birds all starting pooping, like crazy projectile poop, tons of it. It was so funny. It was seriously like some kind of defense mechanism because we were getting too close. My dad was nearby and saw it. Him and I couldn't believe what we were seeing, it was like they were trying to shoot us with their poop. It was crazy. We decided not to row under the tree! ha ha. I had never seen that many birds all start pooping in fear at the same time.
Sophie saw the whole thing. For the next few days Sophie could not stop saying "birds" and "poop" in "boat" in the "ocean". (we weren't really on the ocean) Our family has laughed and laughed listening to Sophie re-tell the crazy story. She can't stop talking about it. We went to the Cleggs for dinner and Sophie was obsessed with a bird book they had and every page kept retelling everyone about the birds that pooped at the ocean. ha ha. It was a pretty eventful story in Sophie's life.
No comments:
Post a Comment