So, what do you do with this many girls until 11:00pm?? VIDEO SCAVENGER HUNT is what we chose. This was a fun FREE activity that the girls loved. We split up in 3 teams, and my awesome neighbor Rachelle, my sweet sister Chrissy and I each drove a hyper group of girls equipped with a video camara and a list of their super secret mission to film! It was a race to see who could get back to Ashlin's house fastest with all 10 items on their list accomplished and proofed on film. (ie, find a horse, sing to the cashier at a gas station, teach some stranger how to do the "jazz square", make happy grams and deliver them in person to a boy they know... etc) Then after they all met back here we watched all the videos! We all laughed, they were so funny!
Ashlin was so sweet and let her younger siblings run around with the girls once they were at home, and Emma was in special "worship" mode that night, with 16 fashionable older girls to be-friend! You know she did. They ended the night with lots of "Reverse Hide and Seek" or "Sardines", where only ONE hides and the rest run around trying to secretly find and hide with them. I don't understand why everyone doesn't LOVE having kids parties, they really are so fun to plan and have!
Now, for Dallin's 11th Birthday.... Dallin was so cute, and even though he has a mom that loves to have parties, he chose for his birthday to NOT have a party and requested instead for his Dad to take him and his brother on a special birthday campout! Bruce and the boys were so excited... THEN (heres the sad part) 3 days before Dallin's b-day Bruce dislocated his ankle (older post). BUMMER. So, his b-day campout is postponed until May. But we made his day special by going to Oregano's as a family (his choice) then seeing
"Monsters VS Aliens" in 3D....
Then ofcourse, here are our mellow Easter morning pictures.
12 comments:
happy late birthday ashlin & dallin!
i can't believe how grown up ashlin is... she's so beautiful :)
You are just the coolest mom! You are also going to have to come to my house and teach me how to put up bead board!! I always love to see the pictures of your house.
What great crazy fun!
Very fun! Seeing Ashlin with all her friends reminds me of all of us in high school..... can't believe its been so long. 16 years, yikes! that makes me feel really old! :) BTW, I worked on my office and it looks SO much better! Still one pile on my sewing table... but a BIG improvement! Thanks for the inspiration! :) Oh yea, don't wait for the Gilbert Temple open house ... come up to Utah for the Oquirrh temple this summer! :)
What a great group of friends Ashlin has! I miss all of my Activity Day Girls! And Cherryl, you're so fun and creative! What a great idea for a party!
I love to hear the things that you do with your kids. You are such a fun mom!
You are such a fun mom! I hope I will have the energy to do fun parties when Lucy who is 4 right now, turns 14. yikes!
Cherryl- I sent you an invite to my private blog via email...did you get it? If not, email me your correct email address and I'll resend it. Love ya!
Jennie N.
Look at all those beautiful girls!! Ashlin is such a good friend to so many different people! And Dallin is the coolest older brother I know-I would LOVE for Kennedy to marry him-how do you think they will feel about this arranged marriage? ;o)
Oh I just wanted you to know that I used one of your summer ideas in my new ward's enrichment (riding the bus) and we are going to do it this summer. Cherryl-you are my hero and the one I look to!! You really are so amazing!
The birthday parties look like a blast. I have a great idea. Lets turn our next cousin party into a scavenger hunt ;)
Wow, that was a big read. You made me a little excited for teenagers. Really. Looking at those pictures made me realize that there is so much fun to come. Hope you are feeling good. Maybe we can do a group dinner soon? Who usually puts those together?
Post a Comment