So, the week BEFORE Bruce dislocated his ankle (older post)... we had a few backyard parties!
The weather has been so beautiful, and we have such a fun group of moms in our ward who get together weekly for park days and playdates (Lily has quite the social life, and every day wonders what we are doing with her friends).... so we decided to invite all over to our house for a water day, we had pizza for lunch and icecream cones!

The kids had fun playing with water in our sandbox on the side of our house:



(Miss. Lily)

... and playing on the swing set:



and playing on the trampoline, little pool and sprinklers!

Nice nose Lily, clearly she had a runny nose AND had been in the sandbox, gross!

... and when my older kids came home from school, they were excited to continue the water party...

Even Ashlin... you wondering why she is wearing suspenders... oh, i came out back and she had put a garbage bag on (those are the bag handles wrapped around her shoulders) so she could get in the water with Lily but not get her clothes wet....

... she probably didn't want proof of this on my blog... ha ha! I'm glad she is still playful at heart, even though she is almost 14!! WHAT?!


And the weekend before, we had a Luncheon Baby Shower for our old nanny Janel! Yes, she was my babysitter for years, and now we are both pregnant together! Due a month apart... I tell Ashlin, won't it be cute when HER & I are pregnant together... ha ha! (I PROMISE I am completely joking, that is NOT in the plans... but it's just
kinda fun to make her a
little scared!)


Congratulations Janel!
See, for a lot of the year, Arizona weather IS wondeful!!
4 comments:
Yes, AZ weather is wonderful... from Nov to April! Now if we could just be snowbirds in our 30s life would be great! :) Your backyard looks great-- you've done a lot of work since I've been there (which seems like forever ago... time for another trip) Looks like some fun parties going on!
I was so glad to see a comment from you on our blog. I miss our old ward so much! We've lived here for 3 years now and I still feel like we're new sometimes when we go to church because our ward is so big. Yes, I LOVE my floor!! I'm so glad I copied you. :) And everyone that sees it loves it too!
We had so much fun coming over to play! You have the perfect backyard for entertaining! Thanks for hosting!!
How fun!!! You look like you have a great group of friends. Your backyard looks so fun, what a great way to grow up. Makes me think back to being little.
Post a Comment