So, this is what the Christmas holidays + a sick pregnant me does to my office! I was so sick and pregnant for all of the months of December, January and February, it was rough. I have been feeling better for like a month now, and just dreading and procastinating cleaning my office. But this was the week I decided I would fight the office and win the battle. I am not joking the above quote inspired me, I had a whole day set aside to clean it, and I kept telling myself, "just STEP in to the office"... baby steps....
I didn't want to be guilty of only posting things on my blog that make me look good. So here it is, the real office. I kept the door locked so people wouldn't HAPPEN upon it. I had multiple parties where the whole house APPEARED clean to the guests... but little did they know, lurking behind the locked door, was the beast of my office!
SO, I stepped in to the office, and one by one started picking things up and actually putting them BACK where they belonged in all my spacious cabinetry, imagine that! After FOUR hours... I gave birth to a new office! When it was almost clean, Lily (age 3) walked in and excitedly says, "ooo, is that a bed??" I cracked up that for months she has probably just thought it was a really big pile of stuff! Ha Ha! Wow, how embarrassing that it was so messy she didn't even remember the bed there.
I have to show, WHEN THIS ROOM IS CLEAN, just how masterfully planned and multi-functional it is! When we bought this house, this was the only bedroom downstairs, 4 upstairs. We walled off the closet (to make the laundry room bigger) took out the carpet, added all the shelving and made it in to an office/everything room:
#6 Craft room. All my craft supplies are in the corner cabinets.
#7 Game Closet. All the family games are in the bottom corner cabinet. (which is, by the way, also how it gets so messy... the kids love to get the games out... and since the room has so much great stationary and crafts, Emma loves to play school in here!)
and what lies in all the tall cabinets....
I LOVE this room. And part of the reason I post it, is one, to brag on my husband, who put all the shelving up himself (Go Bruce) though measured and designed by me (Go ME) and two, as I've talked to people about where we are putting the new baby, people will say, why don't you move a child to your downstairs room.... WHAT??!
Do you see now how much I NEED my office/storage/food storage/craft room, ESPECIALLY with 6 children!
Cherryl + My clean office = Love
8 comments:
I love that room! I want to see pictures of your enlarged laundry room next!! I remember when you guys were re-doing your kitchen. Did you get new cabinets or did you have someone come and paint them??? Hugs to you.
I covet that room! Well, I would if that wasn't a top-ranking sin anyway!!!! I love the timing of your post also, I just made a list about 10 minutes ago of all of the major spring cleaning projects I want to get done in the next few weeks. You totally inspired me that my house can go back to looking like it is supposed to!!!
What a wonderful, functional room! You and Bruce did a great job planning that space! And Cherryl, I liked you before, but now I really like you...It did me some good seeing that you once had a room that looked like that! Guess I'd better get to my spring cleaning too!
Way to go! Now can you PLEASE just come to my house and fix up my office, too??!! I'll even pay you!! :)
Seriously, that is my goal for the coming week, month, year.
You're awesome!
I never knew it had so many functions! Although I did vaguely remember there being a bed in there! ;)
you have that room so organized!!! and so much stuff in there-can I be like you one day?
yes amber- you can be like me, it is really not that hard to have a REALLY messy office for months, and then finally force yourself to clean it. but if i were you i would aim higher than me!!! ha ha
One question....do you rotate all of your food storage? If so...how? (Okay so that was two questions)
Love that room!
Post a Comment