"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, May 11, 2009

Vernons on Parade

So, as I looked back at pictures from this month, I realized that my kids were busy with lots of activities and performances!! Here are just a few:

Cute Lily has been increasing her talents all month of April/May in SWIM LESSONS!! Ms. Lorie has taught the youngest 4 of my kids to swim! She is WONDERFUL and Lily is officially a mermaid now! She can't get enough of diving off the side and swimming across the pool to you.... she feels SO grown up to be swimming like the BIG kids!! YEAH LILY!


And how lucky is this, she's in class with her little friends!!

The performing DUO Dallin and Emma were in TWO TALENT SHOWS this spring!
In April we had our cute Primary Talent Show and they performed "Burnin Up" by the Jonas Brothers... Dallin on guitar, Emma on vocals, ofcourse! I didn't get any pictures, but here is the video:




(I wish I had not done background music on this, as it is hard to tell what Dallin is playing, oh well, they do it with out background music cute)


Then in May they did a different song, "Wonderwall" by Oasis, for their school talent show!

You've got to read the above sign that hung up behind them on stage: "Mesquites Gots Talent".... HA HA, cracked me up... clearly grammar is not ONE of the talents "Mesquite's gots"... ha ha



Here's the video for that one:

(no background music on this one, just them)


Then Ashlin was in the Stake Roadshow this month... and SEWED HER OWN poodle skirt for the costume (Bruce sewed on the poodle... go Dr. Vernon). The ward learned multiple dance numbers and performed a little 50's Highschool Dance show... the kids had SO much fun!!

Then for the "Mother's Tea" in Logan's kindergarten class, Logan and I were asked to read a cute book... "How much do you love me?" because he is such a good little reader! And aren't I a good "little" mother.... ha ha, that is a joke, I realize "little" is not the word that comes to mind when you see this lovely picture of me 7 months pregnant below.... ha ha!

This was in front of all 27 kids and their moms... I read the mom parts and he read the child parts (some were a whole page long) GO LOGAN!! And go me for only getting a little teary eyed on some parts, and not full crying!
(I warned the teacher that I was the WRONG mom to ask, as I'm a dork and cry easy)

So, this isn't a performance, but I walked in to this and had to go take a picture of cute daddy/daughter bedtime stories!
(after baths clearly, thus the wet pillow)
Good Night!

2 comments:

E and T Macdonald said...

Can't believe you guys are swimming already! :) There is still snow on the tips of the mountains here....

Look what a talented family you have! So cute! Hope you are feeling well! Any names for #6??

Unknown said...

I love your kids!! They are so stinkin' talented! The videos are great too, check out Mom's talent!