"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, May 27, 2009

School's OUT!

We are so happy the school year is OVER and so is ALL the end of school year performances/graduations!!!
Even Lily had her own end of year performance... not in preschool yet, but in the cutest little Kids Chorale singing group all spring. Oh how she loved going weekly to singing class with her little friends, BUT........
BIG PROBLEM...... THE T-SHIRT!
The only day I came to get her from class and she was crying, was the day the t-shirts came in and the teacher put one on each child over their clothes, cute right? WRONG. Lily was crying and told me in the car she did NOT like the shirt. (Is it pink, are there princesses or anything "girly" on it?)
I forgot about this, and then weeks later, the day of the performance, Lily was all excited UNTIL... I dressed her. Wowzer, did she really cry for 45 minutes before we left for singing chorale and the whole way there? YEP! Even with cute red bows.... did she ever cheer up? Nope!
Here she is, her grumpy self on stage while performing:

I was cracking up this whole performance at my grumpy little Lily on stage. And here she is after the performance saying "Cheese" for the camara... pretty cheery eh?
After we got in the car I told her we were going to the store and she asked if we could go home first so she could "get dressed".
(I DID NOT go home first)
But here is someone who WAS happy:
Logan graduated from Kindergarten and had a whole evening ceremony! He was so cute!
I was complaining to him that he was growing up too fast. I told him not to go to first grade but to stay my snuggle buddy forever... and he told me that he would still be my snuggle buddy even when he was in TENTH grade! So sweet!
And below is a farewell to the percussion bells for Dallin. He had his LAST band concert, yeah! He has been taking private guitar lessons for over a year, and loves it, but wanted to do band also. TOO MUCH! We are very strict about his guitar practicing daily... but percussion... well, lets just say around March I told him to go practice percussion, and he said, "my kit is at school". And I said, "why?". And he said, "I haven't brought it home since Christmas"... OOPS! So, we decided to just stick with guitar for his 6th grade year!

And more goodbye's below... Ashlin finished 8th grade, and ALSO decided after 4 years of flute, NOT to take it in highschool. So, 2 kids down and Emma not old enough for band yet, means NO BAND FOR US NEXT YEAR!!

(Don't you worry, Ashlin and Emma are still in piano, I am not THAT nice!!)
These pictures are after Ashlin's LAST band concert!

And then... her promotion ceremony from 8th grade...
WOW, Highschool next year!!!

And, SCHOOL IS OUT, yeah!

4 comments:

E and T Macdonald said...

love that little grumpy face!!! yep, one more day of school for us then its crazy summer!!

The Wiser Side said...

We love it too-things are so much more relaxed. We also copied you and made a summer list. Can't believe that Ashlin is going into HS-she looked so cute!

Kimmy said...

I can't believe our girls are old enough to be FRESHMEN!!!!! We aren't old enough to be parents of high schoolers...I'm in full denial.

Derek and Janel said...

I can't believe how old your kids are getting! I remember watching Logan when he was three months old!! Now look at all of them! Crazy. Seeing them makes me feel old.