"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day Get-Away

Every Memorial Day we go up to my families
rockin cabin in Pinetop!
Country Roads... take me home, to the place I belong...
Gone here my whole life, LOVE IT!!! Rec Center, long walks, eating at the Club, crowded tiny cabin, THE best!

This year my rockin dad brought his jeep and kayaks and took us to Showlow Lake so everyone could Kayak! Who thinks pregnant me capsized?

Here is my dad shoving off...

... and there they go!

Bruce gets the "Buff and Brave" Award for taking the most kids at a time!

My sister Chrissy

Oh and look who went kayaking even though she was 8 months pregnant....

Logan said afterwards that it was funner going with mom than dad... and Bruce said, "why, was mom faster". and Logan said, "No, dad was faster, but with mom the boat was wobblier!"
Ha ha... cracked me up, I did feel a little unstable out there... but we did NOT tip over, yeah!
Lily and Bruce
Logan and his cousin buddy Calvin

Ashlin

Dallin
And even EMMA on her own!

Don't think that this mountain water was warm just because it looks like a nice day... it was COLD... I paid each of these guys $2 to jump in!!


All the grandkids with Grandpa... notice Lexi is running away... ha ha, caught this "drama" moment on film... she did NOT want to be in the picture!

Ok, so the below picture is this awesome shot I stole from my brother in laws facebook wall... At the lake Ashlin had Geoffs camara and I walked over and made this retarded face (obviously) and she snapped it. I never even saw the picture until it was on Geoff's facebook wall with 5 comments under it... cracked me up!
When Bruce saw it he said, "wow, I don't think I could get a picture that retarded if I tried all day!" oh no, not me, 1 shot is all it took! Ha Ha!


We also took our kids to a Fish Hatchery:

Walking the nature trail there

Notice Ashlin making Logan smile here... and obviously Emma had something really interesting on her nose...

And back at the cabin for some relaxation...

Seriously Bruce has dorky habits, EVERY time he reads he puts the bookmark in his mouth, the whole time he reads... I have even found him asleep with the bookmark still in his mouth.

Love the hammock, LOVE my grandparents who bought a cabin to make so many wonderful memories...
LOVE GOING TO THE CABIN!!!!!!

9 comments:

Haleigh said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I know that all of the cabins in Pinetop look alike, but that looks like the A-Frame across the street from Dane's family cabin. Where is this one at? Is it in the country club? Just curious. That would be too funny!

The Sawaya Family: said...

Cheryl, I love checking out your blog!! You always inspire me! We miss you guys! Sara Sawaya

The Regimballe Family said...

What a fun get-away! Cherryl, I'm so proud of you for kayaking! And you look great!!

Kimmy said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish we had that for our kids to go to! Most of my favorite memories are of going to our family cabin in Tahoe growing up, but then they SOLD IT! Bummer!!! Way to kayak at 8 months, you rock!

Jaimee said...

What a fun trip! And way to go kayaking carrying Baby #6---amazing! Looks like you are doing really well. You have a beautiful family, Cheryl. Happy pushing next month!

The Wiser Side said...

So fun!! Love the hammock picture and love what kids have to say! Your little family is so cute!

Nicole H. said...

WOW, that looks like so much fun. You are looking fab!!! I wish I did pregnancy that well. You look so happy. We should really try to get together soon.

E and T Macdonald said...

Oh, the cabin..... brings back so many memories!! It's CRAZY to think you have a daughter as old as we were when we went there!!!!!!!
Still, to this day, every time I eat a french dip sandwich I think of eating at the country club and feeling so grown up! :)
Good times!

Andreasen Family said...

I love reading all of the fun things you do with your familiy!