"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Finished Bedroom

Saturday we were so productive. Ashlin and I FINALLY recovered her photo board from her last bedroom, with new fabric (above)
...to match the colors of her new bedroom:    Yellow and Grey     Her room is right at the bottom of the basement stairs....
Ashlin's last bedroom was avacado green, with orange accents. She told me she wanted a new color for   our new house... but wanted me to surprise her. The other kids chose their bedroom colors, but Ashlin wanted me to pick and not tell her. 
There are 4 kids in the basement. Instead of doing a 2nd bathroom, to save room, we put a sink in Ashlin's room. It's where she gets ready.
Ashlin made these cute little plates in pottery at school.
They matched her room, so we got plate holders to hang them up.
That lucky duck has the prettiest cream chandelier fan.

 Ashlin is such a little doodler, actually a really darling artist... she has BOXES of cute little drawings. She painted the frame white on our black chalk board from our last house. We put it in her bedroom, so she could doodle... 
 I told Ashlin she now has the only finished room in the house, ha ha. Lucky Girl! I also told her I love the view from her bedroom door... the basement stairs
 Besides finally hanging up all the stuff on Ashlin's bedroom walls... we also played A LOT in the rain and mud on saturday... more of those crazy pictures to come.

2 comments:

Ali Hawkins said...

love the colors, great job. Those are the colors of my oldest sons room, in fact he has the same cute yellow lamps. I replied to you under my comments on my blog. I didn't know how else to reply. By the way I love your new house!!!!!

Carrie said...

Geez I don't make it downstairs to ashlins room much so it was so fun to see what you two have done with it, so elegantly beautiful and love ashlins artistic touches with those ceramic plates and drawings.. Love it!