"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Friday, January 11, 2013

Real Log Fire

 One of my favorite things we did in December was go visit my dad.
Usually we invite him over to our house, or to whatever things we have going on.  Bruce had some meeting, so even though we had had something every night that week, I told the kids we were bringing grandpa dinner and going to his house for the evening.

We got there with our still warm grilled chicken breasts, pasta, Alfredo sauce and broccoli.  And my dad made a real fire in the fire place I sat by since I was 4 years old.  After dinner we watched a Christmas movie with my dad.  It was so good to be home where I grew up.  And Sophie sat on my dads lap during the movie, just like Ashlin did with him when she was little... just like all the grandkids have.
 It was such a peaceful moment.  Our hectic life doesn't seem super peaceful.  But that night was.  I love my dad so much.  I have worried about him so much since my mom passed away.  My mom always loved it when my dad made a fire.  I can remember her saying "Tracy" in that certain tone of voice when she wanted him to do something.  When he started making the fire for us, it made it feel like my mom was there and it reminded me of my childhood.  We have a gas fire place in our house now.  But in my parents house, where I grew up, its real.

No comments: