Sophie throwing a fit:
I just wanted to remember how awesome Bruce was today.
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Last night I went over the busy schedule of today with Bruce and we divvied up responsibilities:
*I was going to get up at 5:25am and drive Dallin to school for his wrestling tournament by 5:45am
*Bruce was going to take Logan to his 8am basketball game.
*Bruce was going to take Logan to his 8am basketball game.
But when my alarm went off at 5:25am, Bruce jumped up and said he would go... then he took Logan to his game too, leaving at 7:25am. Then after the game him and Logan went to breakfast together then Hobby Lobby to get decals to finish decorating Logans Pinewood Derby car, which they finished together when they got home.
Then he helped me clean the basement for over an hour. He sewed up the ripped bean bag, and ripped pillow.
Then this was the kicker:
Today was my cousin Emily's baby shower for her first girl. Tiffany asked if Emma could watch her boys during the shower at our house, but Emma was busy so I said Bruce would. Then my sister asked if we could watch baby Trace during the same time... and I said I wouldn't be here, but Bruce could. Then Lily's friend wanted to play and I said, bring her over Bruce will be watching lots of kids. And then I informed Bruce of all the kids that were coming over for him to watch (Sophie too), and guess what? He didn't mind at all, I knew he wouldn't.
And I was just thinking about what a wonderful husband I have.
Then tonight he had to run in to work to do payroll, and he took all the kids with him so they could see the big tarantula he has there. That left me home alone in a quiet house, which was wonderful, but also helped me reflect on what a good man he is. We aren't perfect over here, but I got pretty lucky in the husband category.
♥♥♥
{I took this picture earlier today,
when he was playing with his girls in the living room}
when he was playing with his girls in the living room}

3 comments:
Love! Extra love that you didn't have to get out of bed early!!
What a great guy. I love this post.
Aahhh, so sweet! Thanks Bruce for taking my boys! If the whole vet thing doesn't work out, you should totally run a Daddy Day Care, ha ha! :)
Post a Comment