(Logan's Turkey)

We didn't take any pictures from Thanksgiving, the kids took a picture of Bruce and I making dinner together one sunday in November (you can see our "turkey hat" on the counter).
Bruce did help a lot this year for Thanksgiving... because all his family came to our house, HOORAY! His mom and Val, Rayeann and Steve, Kari and Kurtis and all their kiddos came down from Utah... and Brent and Colettes fam came from Queen Creek. So fun to have family staying here all week... his family loves to play cards... and I love that!
TURKEY TROT
Ashlin, Rayeann, Steve and I ran a 10k, the Mesa Mi Amigos Turkey Trot, on Thanksgiving morning. I had started running end of July. I kept expecting to get faster (and lose weight)... yah, never really did much of either... but I gained endurance and could run farther every month. Seriously, in July I could barely run 1 mile without dying. But I ran all 6.2 miles. Hooray! I did not want to go though. All of a sudden I started to feel self conscious that I was so slow and that everyone there would be skinny, then there would be me, sticking out like a sore fat thumb in dead last. But finally I decided I wouldn't be last, because I would trip whomever was ahead of me so I could atleast be 2nd to last. ha ha. Rayeann, Steve and Ashlin made me go. I was glad I did. Ashlin did great and totally creamed me.
It's always fun hanging out with all Bruce's family... yes, we hosted 28 of us on Thanksgiving, and I had seating for everyone in our entry/dining room. (we set up a few more tables in the entry way)
All 28 of us went to the movies on friday to see:
TANGLED

Lily colored this cutest picture above, in anticipation of seeing the movie. She is only in preschool and check out the detail. I love her individual stones on the tower, the small strip of blue sky at the very top, and LOVE the mustache on the guy... ha ha the cutest... I don't know why she gave him a mustache but it's SO dang cute. Lily literally spent hours on this picture. That girl LOVES to color, and I love that girl!
Just in case you wanted to catch your own Turkey next year, Logan explains how one might do this below. ha ha (We've always just caught ours out of the freezer section of the local grocery)


"Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things" D&C 59:7
"Let all thy doings be unto the Lord... and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God." Alma 37:36-37
1 comment:
With Logan's tutorial, we are going to try to get our own turkey next year. Ha Ha!!! So cute!
Post a Comment