-------------------------
Logan's Baptism Day
November 27, 2010
-------------------------
Logan was looking forward to being baptized for months.
The first baptism day available was at the beginning of November... and I let him know that if he waited until the end of November his Grandma Judy, Grandpa Val and all his cousins, Aunts and Uncles from Bruce's family would be here (They were coming for Thanksgiving). It was a hard decision, because he didn't want to wait any longer... but finally he decided he wanted all his cousins there for his baptism.
The big day finally came and Logan was baptized by his Dad.
It was very special to have all of Bruce's family here.
I could feel the spirit so strong in my heart during the whole program. His Grandma Judy spoke on baptism and made him this precious book about his baptismal covenants with all these pictures of Logan. Logan chose his Aunt Carrie to give a talk on the Holy Ghost. All the Vernon cousins sang "I am a Child of God" in English and Malay. (Grandma and Grandpa had gone on a mission to Malaysia and came home and taught all the grandkids how to sing it in Malay... we had them sing it because its neat to think of children all over the world just like Logan who are joining the Lords church on the earth and being baptized) It was so neat. I played the piano for the song, and Ashlin played the piano for the prelude.
Br. Smith from the bishopric gave the closing remarks and encouraged Logan to go home and write the feelings in his heart about his baptism. It was such a busy day I regretted I didn't do this with Logan. But I was looking in his journal later, and to my surprise he had written on his own, this is what he wrote:
"Today I had a baptism. Brother Smith told me to write how I felt the spirit. I felt it so much I felt like crying."
I love going to baptisms. They are my favorite meetings in the church to go to. They are so simple and beautiful and the spirit is always so strong that I get teary also. I always feel like its the Spirit speaking to our hearts that God loves these children so much and He is so happy they are being baptized. It is always so sweet and clear to me that this is really the Lords work and He's letting us know by those feelings in our heart that we are participating in His ordinances. The feelings of love and purity are so strong in the room, it is such a privilege to feel and be there for.
I have said so many times, and still mean it with all my heart... that the thing I am more thankful for then anything in this world is that I was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It changed my life. It has blessed my life more than I could have ever imagined. Everything good I have has come from that decision. It is such a joyful special moment to see each of my children baptized by the power of the Priesthood by their father. They each have been taught and understand at that moment they are promising the Lord they will obey and follow Him, and that He is promising to send His spirit to always be with them.
Here is our family on Logan's special day:
The tradition in our family is that when you get baptized you get your very own nice set of scriptures with your name printed in the leather, and a carrying case. Logan, more than any of our kids, was SO excited for his very own nice scriptures and talked about it for months. He loves them. He loves taking them to church and really reads from them every night.
---------------------------------
I am so proud of you Logan
We love you!
---------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment