"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, August 9, 2010

F.H.E

I am not done posting summer activities, but I had to record 2 items I wanted to remember:

#1 Sophie took her first steps friday night, August 6, while we were at the Phoenix Childrens museum. YEAH Sophie!

#2 Last monday night we had Family Home Evening, like we always do:

At the end I shared a special personal story that happend to me that week. I had sacrificed something in order to be follow some feelings I had, to show God I would obey no matter what, and recieved an unexpected blessing that was so miraculous to me in showing me God knew my sacrifice. Afterwards we sang the song, "The Lord Needs Valiant Servants"...

When we sang the words, "I will be His servant, and keep my covenants valiantly" I got really choked up and could hardly sing.

After Family Home Evening Dallin said to me, "mom- I looked over and saw you crying in that song, so I thought about why you were crying, and then I almost cried too".

I was so glad he could feel the spirit in Family Home Evening, because that night I could feel it so strong too. It's the best feeling in the world.

I love Family Home Evening. I know with all my heart that simple weekly practice has the power to change lives, and direct them to the Lord.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love this post. It reminds me to keep at it (the FHE business) even though my kids are young and it seems so futile sometimes. Thanks for sharing!