"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Baby VS Food

And the Baby turns ONE!

For Sophie's first birthday in July we made her her own TRIPLE layer mini pink cake! (And a big double layer one for everyone else)
Her cousins came to help us celebrate.

It's a little lop-sided, and I envisioned it a lot cuter, but whatever. Tradition means she gets it served on her highchair to eat all herself!

I thought my kids loved to watch MAN VS FOOD on TV, well they do, but nothing can compare to how funny it was to see Sophies 5 older siblings and 4 cousins crowded around her cheering her on and cracking up watching her eat her cake. Oh my goodness. It was the best episode yet:

BABY VS FOOD

Can she do it?
Can the baby finish the Three Layer TOWER of Pink Frosting and Strawberry Cake:


After diving in to it face first like 6 times... she finally had the effective idea to use her hands and started to make better head way...


feeling a little sick...

...but hanging in there

Ok, well, maybe we should have stopped her at the point the cake became a toy and not food...

but she was so funny

... and look at the mess

But after all, the BABY WINS!

APPLAUSE!

Oh we laughed so hard. I honestly don't know that I have ever seen all 9 of the other kids SO entertained. Oh how much they love having a baby around!

After a bath and her new jammies,
she got to enjoy some of her presents too.
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY to our darlingest little Sophie wearing her new pony jammies (ofcourse picked out by Lily, her 4 year old sister who is really in to ponies)

We love You!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! We love that show to but your episode is by far the best I've ever seen. Absolutely priceless!!!!!

Shannon said...

She is so cute! I don't know how you do it with 6 kids, you are amazing! Thanks for the blog tutorial! I am such an idiot on the computer and I am a lazy blogger. I hate taking the time to do it. I just get it on there and move on. When I print my book every year I am so happy I did it!

chrissy said...

LOVED the play by play of Soph's bday party. SO sad to have missed it! She sure is a cutie!

d.jo said...

That cracks me up! I really like Sophie, and I love her name, too. She's got such personality. It's no wonder Emmett has the hots for her. : ) I happen to adore the idea of a triple layer b-day cake for the baby--it's so grandiose! I may have to copy that idea.