------------
July Roadtrip
Next Stop: IDAHO
------------
Bruce flew home after grandkids camp, and the kids and I drove up to Idaho to see my sister Chrissy's new stomping grounds. None of us had ever been to Idaho before... and the drive was BeAuTiFuL!
------------
Bruce flew home after grandkids camp, and the kids and I drove up to Idaho to see my sister Chrissy's new stomping grounds. None of us had ever been to Idaho before... and the drive was BeAuTiFuL!
My sister and the kids changed the words on the sign (on their land on the highway) to welcome us:
The day after we got there we left to go up to Rich's families cabin in Island Park. I can't believe after only 3 months of Chrissy being married how close my kids feel to Rich's kids. He has 4 (exactly my Dallin, Emma, Logan and Lily's age) and my kids couldn't WAIT to hang out with them again! We LOVE Rich's kids!!! It was beautiful there, the kids loved being with their "new cousins" again. They played on that bouncy thing in the lake for a long time, even though the water was COLD, they roasted hot dogs outside around the fire pit, and that evening because I was in Idaho for the first time... we all had to watch "Napolean Dynamite" for the first time, it was so funny.
There was a big bedroom with a bunch of beds upstairs that all us girls shared... so Sophie slept in the portable crib right next to me... I didn't get much sleep because she kept waking up and I would hurry and get her before she woke up anyone else in the room. Often a sleep deprived adventure with a baby... but still fun.
3 comments:
so fun to see the pics and to re-live your time up here! Since that is only your first day in idaho....hopefully you'll have a lot more pics to come!
The sign with your name on it is the coolest thing. How fun to have an official welcome!
I love the aqua jump thingy.. I have only seen them in movies but to have one right outside the cabin door would be SO fun.. WOW so COOL!
Post a Comment