"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer Fun

Oh yes my friends... plans are made.

This last monday night, the last monday before summer, is ALWAYS exciting. WHY? That's when the kids and us make the SUMMER TO-DO LIST!

This year I've had ALL KINDS of crazy ideas in my head for weeks that I was so excited to do this summer. Here are a few of my faves:

-Sound of Music Night Lily has been really in to the soundtrack lately. And who even knows what "Schnitzel with noodles" is... so we decided to have a night where we watch the movie and make "schnitzel with noodle" and "crisp apple streudel" YUM!
(words from the song "These are a few of my Favorite Things")
-Sunrise hike with breakfast at top (oh yes, waking the kids up at 4:30... HOW FUN!)
-Make a model CASTLE. We are NOT buying a kit. We are going to make little furniture from stuff around house, a moat, drawbridge.... HOW COOL!! (Like the size of a little doll house)
-Ride the Lightrail to phoenix to go out to eat as a family
-Make homemade icecream (Emma's request)
-Write and illustrate a BOOK! This is the one we are MOST excited about. We are writing the story, creating all the miniature scenes, and making a REAL book like on shutterfly.

I do not sign my kids up for a ton of stuff in the summer... because we love doing tons of crazy stuff all together!
I LOVE no schedules. I LOVE summer.
(but don't worry, my kids do tons of daily chores to earn the fun stuff)

4 comments:

Grand Central Staten said...

You inspired us 2 years ago with your Summer Fun List and we loved doing ours the last 2 years. The kids are so excited to put our 2010 list together which always includes time with the Vernons. See you in July!

Carrie said...

ashlin is cool

Jill said...

Fun Summer list! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I sure wish we lived closer!

The Wiser Side said...

You also are our source of inspiration-and we have LOVED it! Thank you for helping me to be a better mom-and I always love getting new ideas from you.