"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Thursday, May 13, 2010

knock knock

KNOCK KNOCK
Whose there?
ORANGE
Orange who?

ha HA ha HA
Emma had this Arizona State project on Arizona resources. She had to make a display and dress up in a related costume. I came up with the "orange" costume. Her whole school came through the "State Fair" to see the 4th grade projects. Emma told everyone the knock knock joke we made up when they came to her display. ha ha, we were cracking up about her joke and costume!!

Do YOU know the resources of Arizona, known as the 5 C's???
Citrus, Cattle, Copper, Cotton, Climate


Don't think I am a good mom here either. Oh no. Emma had all quarter to work on her project. We did NOTHING. It was due monday. Sunday night, mothers day, Bruce comes up to my room (where I was chillaxing) holding this packet of requirements wondering why we/she hadn't done anything. OUCH. TOTALLY FORGOT!! But it was Mother's Day, I didn't want to spend it like that. So I de-stressed him and told him I would take care of it, my way.

My Way = Emma missing school monday

Instead of rushing through the project and doing a quick job, I decided to let Emma miss school monday, and have a mom day. We did our own Arizona Resource tour, and I drove her all over town visiting places that fit under the 5 C's.... a dairy, a cotton field, a citrus farm, golf course and fancy pool (climate brings tourism) and the Arizona Museum of Natural History. We had a picnic in the orange groves and got a cookie at Sweet Cakes...
and took pictures of her at all the places for her poster.

(however, she was grounded from playing with friends for the rest of the week because she didn't remember either, her homework is her responsibility)

AND, notice the Egyptian pyramid project I did with Logan last week... (not even pictures of the moon project with Dallin and science project with Ashlin)

Logan is in FIRST grade. This project wasn't even homework. But he saw Dallin had done one earlier, and since they were also learning about Egypt, he begged me to do one with him. So I did. He told his teacher he was going to bring in a pyramid, and not a 1st grade drawing of one, but like a SIXTH grade project. It was SO cute how excited he was. It was fun, and we mostly did it because we had all the stuff left from when we made Dallins.

I am SO done with the end of school year and all the projects that means. But I have to admit, it is actually really rewarding to create something, and spend that time one on one with the kiddos. Because you know enough time is spent getting busted around here, I have to counter balance that with some jolly times too. :)

2 comments:

Grand Central Staten said...

COOL EMMA LOVE, MORGAN

Karen said...

oh thats so cute. Im sad I don't live in sunny AZ with the orange blossoms and fresh juice :( I haven't bought tickets yet but don't worry...I will, Im coming!!! I can't wait!! I will need a major break by then (baby 3 months...and no Im not bringing him...thats what wonderful moms are for) Luv and miss you.