"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Thursday, May 13, 2010

Girls Trip

What is this you see in the background??

The Gila Valley Temple

Ashlin and Vanessa came home from school tuesday BEGGING me to take them to the Gila Valley Temple open house the next day, wednesday. I figure if that's what my kids are begging for, how could I resist? We rearranged our schedule and I took just my 2 biggest girls Emma and Ashlin, and ofcourse, Vanessa...

Oh yah baby, that's right: NO BABY, NO PRESCHOOLER, NO BOYS.
Twas SUCH a break to go on a roadtrip with just us girls. LOVED IT!! The temple was beautiful, and peaceful, and I ofcourse cried being inside it with my girls. So Special.







Another bonus of the trip was checking out downtown Safford... yee-haw.
But the one SPECIAL SURPRISE that I had NO idea was even there... was this Gila Valley courthouse with 3 war memorials out front.

I knew my grandpa served in ww2,
and grew up in the Pima area,
and sure enough...
his name was on the memorial.

What a neat thing for my girls and I to see.
(Had to crop myself out of the above picture, twas painful on the eye)

I love all of my children, but wow, it is SO EASY to just hang out with the older ones!!!

ps- This temple was just recently built. Before a temple is dedicated as a House of the Lord, anyone in the public is invited to come and take a tour inside. After dedication, you can only go inside a temple as an adult with a temple recommend.

4 comments:

chrissy said...

How fun! Great pics. I miss the girls sooooooooo much!!

Grand Central Staten said...

When I see a title of "Oh yah baby" I expect to hear about another Vernon pregnancy. Even tho' I was disappointed, the temple looks beautiful and I'm glad you had a fun big girl day.

cherryl said...

Christine- I changed the name to "Girls Trip" as to not get peoples hopes up that I am pregnant.... ha ha.
(but mostly because it seemed maybe a little irreverent since the post was about going to the temple)

The Wiser Side said...

Ashlin looks so grown up! What a fabulous thing to do with just your older girls!