"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Lovely Luncheon & other Parties...

Emma was excited to make some fancy invitations with hot pink Christmas trees & host a little luncheon with some girly-friends.
~They even all wore holiday dresses~

Lunch was provided by "Sweetcakes" in Mesa (yum) and served to them by these darling ladies in coordinating aprons...
We got rid of all the boys in the house, and even Lily and Sophie wore their party dresses for the occasion. After dining to elegant Christmas harp music, we changed to some livelier holiday tunes and they played some Christmas Jingo in the living room.
I didn't get pictures of all our Christmas parties/get togethers this month, but there were lots...
I counted and discovered that we had 15 different gatherings at our house in the month of December, documented below. There was always something festive going on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
We Christmas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Friday, Dec 2- Ashlin had 7 couples here after Winter Formal to watch "The Grinch" on projector/dessert.
2. Monday, Dec 5- Tiffany family over for dinner/Christmas talent show Family Home Evening
3. Wednesday, Dec 7- 6 little girls here for "Lily's Christmas Pajama Party". They made snowmen ornaments and watched the Grinch w/ popcorn & Christmas marshmallows
4. Saturday, Dec 10- Ashlin's friends "date night" here to decorate sugar cookies, watch "Elf"
5. Sunday Dec 11- 3 families here, the Tringham's, Leavitt's and Herrera's, for dinner/Christmas games.
6. Friday, Dec 16- Dallin's friends, girls & boys, here for the game portion of their Progressive Christmas Party
7. Saturday, Dec 17- Bruce's employees all here for his Hospital's Christmas Party. I made homemade dinner for everyone, and planned Christmas games/prizes. (25-ish people)
8. Tuesday, Dec 20- Logan's Cub Scout Den here to make Christmas ornaments for their parents, play Christmas games, decorate sugar cookies. (I'm the Den Leader)
9. Wednesday, Dec 21- "Blake Family Talent Show" at our house
(got 60 chairs from church to set up inside)
10. Thursday, Dec 22- Emma had her girlfriends here for Miss Emma's "Lovely Christmas Luncheon". Ashlin, CariAnn & Lauren dressed in black/white with aprons & were their servers.
11. Friday, Dec 23- Clegg family here for Pizza & some Christmas games (and they helped me de-seed dried Chiles for Tamales, when the "Tim/Chile in Eye" mishap happened, Sorry Tim!!)
12. Sunday, Dec 25- CHRISTMAS DAY- Family gathers here, so honored that my grandparents came to our house for Christmas dinner
13. Tuesday, Dec 27- Grandpa and Grandma Vernon came in town from Texas for dinner and to sleep over.
14. Wednesday, Dec 28- Bruce's mission companion Brett Anderson, wife and 4 kids came in town from Texas. Came to our house for dinner & dessert (first time Bruce had seen him in 20 years)
15. Saturday, Dec 31- New Years Eve Cousins Party at our house

Just for fun I also did a little count and discovered that between all the parties we had somewhere around 200 guests at our home this month. That sounds a lot crazier then it was. Turns out it doesn't take that much time to plan a party. All you need is a clean festive house, some yummy food, Christmas music.... aaaaand some fun holiday activities.

3 comments:

Grand Central Staten said...

You are the best mom!!! Happy New Year!!!!!

JoshandJen said...

What an awesome and busy Christmas for you!! I love the aprons the girls have on, how fun!! I also want a dining room table like yours!! Now I just need a dining room to put it in:)

Tiffany said...

I even thought you were the party queen BEFORE I knew you had 15 parties and 200 people!! Wow!! If there was still a ward party calling, you should totally have it!! :) Thanks for always being an amazing hostess. We all feel so loved and welcome in your home.