We just got back from Texas. Yee-haw.
While we were there Sophie turned TWO! Wow. I wanted her to know that I loved her, so even though we were on vacation I spent 4 hours making her little Bumble-Bee and Flower cupcakes at my friend Kelli's house. Kelli and I laughed all night making these. I chose to make the frosting green, thinking "plant stem"... even though Kelli tried to talk me in to pink. After they were done and we thought they looked like cupcakes for an old lady luncheon... I realized I should have frosted them pink with flowers. Oh well.... ha ha.
...Sophie still loved them!
She got to celebrate her 2nd birthday with all the Spackman cousins at her Grandpa Vernons house in San Antonio, Texas (where her dad Bruce lived when he was 1)
I made BEE cupcakes because Sophie is obsessed with them. Anything that flies (or any insect) she calls "bee" and points at and loves. We think its so cute. One time right in front of her I swatted a fly and killed it... she couldn't stop staring at the dead fly on the table and saying, "Oh no, Bee?"
I made the bees out of black jelly bellies, yellow frosting and sliced almonds. The flower petals are sliced and shaped gum drops.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE
We love you!
3 comments:
Those cupcakes are DARLING! Happy Birthday Sophie!
I think they look perfect with green frosting!
Sophie is so cute, too! Tell her Emmett says happy birthday, ; )
She is SO cute!! I sure hope when we have our last kid that its a girl, becuase I LOVE the name Sophie :) Those cupcakes are amazing, good job on them! I may have to try that! I am glad you were able to spend time with family, I have never been to Texas before but want to go there someday!
Post a Comment