"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July


In the past we have gone somewhere to watch fireworks in the sky... this year we stayed at my parents house and did our own fireworks by the pool while the kids swam.

So cool.
I spent $100 on fireworks, yah, I don't even know what got in to me. Really it was because Dallin went with Ashlin and I to the mall and I felt bad that he had to sit and wait in our girl stores for us forever... so on the way home when he begged to stop at a Firework Tent, I caved.

It ended up being so fun. Him and Bruce put on the show for us, Dallin lit them all, he loved it.

At first little Sophie wasn't convinced this was a safe activity, but then she embraced her inner patriotism and loved it. We really sang any patriotic songs we could think of as we watched.

And is there anything more patriotic then sparklers...
...maybe just sparklers in the pool!
Aren't we lucky to have all the freedoms we do?

WE LOVE AMERICA!
(and spending America's birthday swimming as a family is pretty awesome too)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Great pictures! We are so glad you felt guilty for Dallin at the mall and got the fireworks for us all to enjoy :) The kids will always remember that 4th of July lounging by the pool with our own show.