playing in the rain in their swim suits!
This is one of my favorite Arizona memories as a kid... playing outside in the warm summer rain! But I remember the streets being flooded with water whenever it was pouring rain, darn them for improving the city drainage systems... because it was SO fun to splash around in the deep rain puddles gathered to the sides of the road while it was raining!

We lived in Colorado for 4 years while Bruce was in Vet School. I remember one of the first times it rained in the summer and I wanted to take my little Ashlin and run out in the rain... but to my shocking surprise... it was freezing cold!! We never could run out and play in the rain in Colorado.... that is one benefit of living in hot Arizona!

This picture Logan spent a long time making yesterday. He called it "D & L Extreme". He told me it stands for "Dallin and Logan". I thought it was so cute. I recently have been realizing that even though my children weren't born as close together as I had wanted (we had multiple miscarriages) they are still so close to eachother. Dallin and Logan are 5 years apart (Emma is in the middle of them) but they still play together a lot! Logan usually sleeps in Dallin's bed with him, because he says he's scared to sleep alone. The other night Dallin was doing Rockband with Bruce, so I put Logan to bed first with Lily in bed with him. I told Dallin as he went to his room, "you get your bed all to yourself tonight, Logan is already asleep with someone in bed with him". A few minutes later I went back to check on Dallin.... and he was sound asleep... where.... in bed with Logan and Lily. It made me smile
Sophie's first rain... Then Ashlin and Macy had their own rain party on our deck with Lily. They took all of these pictures:
3 comments:
LOVE the pix of your kids in the rain! Yes, that brings back sooo many memories! Remember playing in the rain in that big corner field by the Werners? That was seriously like 2 feet of water!
I had to laugh at all the guys with their laptops doing the draft. That is funny!
i heard about your awesome rain storm and was jealous. i also love the flooded streets and trying to get the cars to drive by and splash us! yes, i know too well about running outside in colorado to play in the rain only to be sorely disappointed that it's freezing!! what's up with that??
Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment