Sophie Marie was blessed:
Sunday, September 6, 2009
She was blessed by her wonderful daddy!


It was such a beautiful blessing. My feelings of gratitude were so full. Before the meeting even started my eyes were brim with tears. Each time an extended family member walked in the chapel, to come and hear Sophie blessed, I teared up anew. I felt so thankful, that even with our 6th baby, people were still there to support us. It meant so much to me and my emotions were so tender. I have felt so humbled, since having Sophie. I feel more than ever my constant dependence on the Lord for strength. It has been such a growing experience for me. I have felt, more than ever, just how much the Lord blesses us with strength as we seek Him. I have been humbled because as I have brought on more things in my life, I realize even more so how much I cannot do this on my own. I feel so dependant on the Lord. I am so thankful for that. But it has also been humbling because I feel less and less able to "please" others, or meet expectations the world has (or what I think the world has of me as a woman). I feel in my prayers a stronger desire to just become more who God would want me to be, and please Him and let go of worrying what others think of me. As extra time has become more precious and rare, I feel this greater need to spend all the time I can on my family.
Our FIRST family picture with the 8 of us!(On Sophie's special day)

Look at my cute baby smiling!
We had a little photo shoot in the mothers lounge in the church. I wanted to get pictures of her on her blessing day. So after I nursed her I propped her in the nursing chair (and the white changing table-first photo above) and we had a photo shoot!
I love sundays! The week days are so busy with everyone coming and going here and there. Thank heavens for the Sabboth Day.... when we let go of all the hustle, turn off the TV for the whole day, and turn off the Video Games... and just hang out as a family!
Emma took this picture of me and I laughed when I saw these, because how rare it is for me to be ALONE on the couch....

....It's more often like this:

...but also often like this:

ha ha, never lonely, thats for sure!

Here is cute Sophie hanging with her dad on her blessing day, how lucky she is to have such a wonderful father... and look, he doesn't get to be alone on the couch either! ha ha


We love you Sophie!!
4 comments:
what beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing them so we can be a part of it!
I love reading your blog...your baby is beautiful, and I love reading about all of your ideas and thoughts. You are wonderful!
She's changed so much! So big and smiling! What a doll! And such a great idea to have a photo shoot in the mother's lounge! ha, that's great!
She is so cute Cherryl! Look at you... Mama of SIX! ;) Hey, I talked with Kelli today after playing phone tag for 2 weeks. She is so sweet & fun... I'm so glad she found us! We want to have a girlfriends reunion sometime.. maybe next spring or summer and try to get everyone together at a hotel or somewhere??? What do ya think? That would be sooo fun! ;)
Post a Comment