Clearly Bruce and I have a different idea as to what qualifies as "reverent" things to bring to church for the children.
On sunday my 4 year old daughter whips out her hot pink princess backpack that she, with Bruce's approval, loaded full of things to do in sacrament meeting: 12 My little Ponies of various sizes, a Lightning Mcqueen car collection, hot pink heart sunglasses (that she wore in sacrament) a cell phone, etc... I was so embarrased, becuse these toys didn't lend to quiet play... and it did not add to the reverence to try and take all these things away, I attempted that, it was not a quiet protest she put up. It was too late...so I was relieved to leave the meeting and nurse my baby so I no longer had to endure the embarrassment of the playland toy collection we had going on during church... ha ha, lesson learned again, go through the church bag beforehand!
These are the kind of things you give up control of when you keep adding babies to the mix, the packing of the church bag, I am going to try and regain control of this for next sunday though.
1 week ago
3 comments:
ha, ha! I too have relinquished the sacrament bag. And I too have taken the baby out, just to escape. Don't worry-you are loved!
I had to chuckle reading this, because I too have had a similar experience when Ryan decided to "slip" some toys into his church backpack. We've had music playing keychains-at least it was the BYU fight song, and then there was the car that made loud engine noises... But I don't have a baby I can escape with. I just try and sit in the "noisy" section and hope that someone elses kiddos are louder than mine that Sunday! Love you Cherryl!
The most memorable toy we brought into sacrament meeting was a Tigger balloon, made by someone in the foyer. It was especially memorable because the stake pres was there. It is amazing how many callings you avoid with this type of shock factor.
Post a Comment