Let me give you a snapshot of life with 6 kids.... I cannot find my camara. That is the state my house is in. I wish I could, then I would upload some precious pictures of the last month with a new baby home... hopefully soon I will find it... and hopefully soon I'll find my clean, organized house again, I can't find that either... ugh
Today was so routine that it wasn't until Bruce called and asked what I'd been up to that I realized that for...
THREE AND A HALF HOURS straight I had been feeding my family.
How do you spend that much time feeding your family?? This is my glamorous life, and in no way am I exaggerating... at 10:30am Lily, Sophie and I got in the car to go grocery shopping, and it was a good trip as I stayed UNDER $200.00 AND fit everything in ONE cart (barely). We got home and unloaded the whole car for 10 minutes... during which I had a screaming baby who wanted to eat... so I left all the groceries on the counter and fed her until 12:25. Ashlin and Emma were both home sick from school, and were asking to eat. After feeding Sophie, I hurried (as my groceries have still been on the counter for 30 minutes) and made them both Lipton noodle soup and served them lunch, then had to get grapes and a hotdog for Lily, which we negotiated, she had really wanted fruitsnacks. Then I finally starting putting my groceries away, which I always dread. Then just before 1:00 I finally got myself lunch, which was leftover taco salad from last night. Then I started loading the dishwasher with the dishes that were left in the sink from last nights dinner. The sink was overflowing. I brought my girls drinks, because I wanted to make sure they were getting enough liquids. And then I cleaned the counter from breakfast and realized I had potatoes that needed to be used, so I decided to quickly put the stuff for potatoe soup in the crockpot, since Sophie was still asleep. I looked at the clock at 2:00pm when I finished and realized that for 3 and a half hours straight I was gathering, fixing, feeding and cleaning up food!!! Seriously, I tell Bruce this, and he says, ofcourse, what he always says, "your the one who wanted so many kids!". I was seriously doing everything as fast as I could too.... but 2 minutes ago Sophie started crying, so I have to go so I can FEED my sweet baby again!! :)
1 week ago
2 comments:
aaaaahhhhh! that's exactly how i feel so much of the time and it is sooo nice to know that I'm not the only. Only problem: I don't have so many kids, so my excuses are pathetic. Sorry you have sick ones, hope they are better soon.
never a dull moment! That's what's so fun with a bigger family. Hope your older girls get feeling better-miss you guys!
Post a Comment