"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Old Macdonald had a Farm" VIDEO

This summer Bruce and I FLEW with all of our kids to
Salt Lake City, Utah.

For a couple of the days there Bruce took the older 3 kids to his moms for Grandkids Camp... and I took the younger 2 kids (Logan and Lily) to visit one of my best friends since we were 9...

Tanya (Oxborrow) Macdonald

Sixth Grade

Highschool



So Tanya married Eric Macdonald and it was so neat to go see what their life is like now. I have many friends with fancy beautiful things and I have never felt jealous of others lives UNTIL I went to Tanya's house! They left the city and moved to the country and as far as I'm concerned they're living the real life... trying to do as much on their own as possible, so down to earth, so so neat!

So, here is the video I made from our visit to

Tanya and Eric MACDONALD'S Farm:



Is it not the coolest thing that they have a farm AND their last name is Macdonald??

13 comments:

Alisa said...

Loved it. Maybe we could bring our families to live in their back yard. They probably wouldn't even know we were there!!!!

E and T Macdonald said...

Okay, Cherryl... that was seriously cute and you made me almost cry at the end! I can't believe it's been 25 years!! I think back to all the crazy things we've done over the years... my kids are never having sleepovers with their friends!! :) You are such a great friend. I wish we could somehow squish Utah and Arizona closer together. We need to be neighbors!

You'd think from all those books that I was carrying that I was really smart or something! :) I guess I was just trying to impress somebody??

You really have a talent for this blog thing... maybe you can help me out! I started one a year ago and it has ONE picture on it.

Have a great day!

Karen said...

Awesome Cherryl...no fair, I want a farm :)I already have one little piggy (James) to put on it.

Frozen Cacti said...

I was expecting a picture of Eric holding a pitchfork and straw hat at the end. They haven't aged at all! I'm glad you had the chance to get together with them.

I've always wanted chickens...

P.S. This is Diana. How do you have time to edit videos?

cherryl said...

I actually didn't have any "traditional" time this week, but I really wanted to do that, so I stayed up until 4:00am last night making the video! I'm paying for it today, but you just gotta do it sometimes! Sleep deprivation on occassion is a great way to accomplish more things! ha ha

Nichols Family said...

That was so fun to watch...such good friends those kids are! Thanks for sharing! Who wouldn't be jealous of that fun place and the homemade slide!?

Jennifer Wagner said...

Cherryl,as always....awesome. and even more impressive you almost made Tanya cry, no way. Tanya and Cherryl are the greatest friends a person could have, how I got so blessed I don't know. But I think my family needs to get down on ol'Macdonalds farm next. Love ya gals-Jeni

Shannon said...

What a fun trip. I loved Eric's slide. They really are such good down to earth people. Aren't old friends the best. And I am so impressed with your slide show!

The Wiser Side said...

WOW! to your video and their farm. What a fun, almost simplier life. Isn't it funny that we envy that sometimes. What a great place to raise kids or spend a summer!

Nicole H. said...

I love this post. Tanya looks so good. So happy. I hope you don't mind I found your blog and posted on it. I also put a link on mine so I can keep up with you.

Emily Lauren said...

You're awesome cherryl! That video is so cool, and makes me want a farm, too. If only we could get the whole blake fam to move to the country somewhere. . . Ha ha.
And you hit my philosphy to a tee in your comment- "Sleep deprivation is a great way to accomplish more things!"
So true. . .

Suz said...

Cherryl~
THis is the life. When I close my eyes and envision "the dream" I actually see hogs and ponys. No lie... and the garden... ecstasy! why do I live in center Mesa then? I love it! So fun.

Jen Shumway said...

That is the life. How fun. It is great to see them.