Tuesday Night- After putting all the kids in bed I remembered that I promised Logan he could help me with the cookies we had to make for his class feast the next day. Soooo, he was pretty excited when I snuck him out of bed to come downstairs and help me...His 2 favorite jobs: rolling the gingersnaps in sugar and licking the beater!
Wednsday Night- Making pies for the REAL thanksgiving feast tomorrow at our house. Our tradition is the kids make their own mini pies while I make the big ones. For this occassion we bring out the Christmas music for the first time of the season!
And last is Emma's cute Thanksgiving letter to our family on her feelings about having a "big" family:
I challenged my family last week that for all the days up until Thanksgiving in our personal prayers each night we would say 10 things we are thankful for. Here are my 10 tonight:
1. I am thankful that even though I didn't feel like it, I made pies with my kids, because once we got started, it was precious to see them so excited!
2. I am thankful that today when I went in to Logan's class for his feast, even though he normally acts all tough like he doesn't miss me and need me, he hugged me and told me to stay with him all day!
3. I am thankful for my new walking buddy/neighbor because it forces me to get my big rear out of bed each morning... 5:40am... ugh!
4. And I am thankful that she is Jehovah's Witness and I have had the chance to get to know someone different. I really admire her dedication, have felt the spirit much in our talks and know she does what she does in the name of serving our Lord.
5. I am thankful Bruce's mother and husband came to our house for Thanksgiving.
6. I am thankful they did a fireside here sunday night about their mission in Malaysia and my kids were fascinated and sat still through all of it.
7. I am thankful that I am not sick.
8. I am thankful that Emma loves having a big family, because I hope hope that in having a big family each of our kids always feels special and made time for.
9. I am thankful for the walk Ashlin, Lily and I went on tonight, and that Ashlin and I have so much fun together and the beautiful weather to do it in.
10. EVEN though Bruce was suppose to have the day off today, he had to work because his other doctor got sick :( and has to now work friday and saturday... but I am so thankful he IS so hard working and has a good job, and plays with the kids when I am grumpy.


5 comments:
wow, awesome outfit ashlin! such fun baking with the kids! and cutest letter from emma! we miss you guys! happy thanksgiving!
Ashlin does have some serious style! Very cute. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
I love all the Turkey day festivities your family did. I have said it before but I hope I can be as good of a mother as you!
That letter from Emma is SO sweet!
What a cute letter from Emma! You are such a fun Mom... you need to have 5 more kids!! :) The are all so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment