"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blanding

 ---------------------
 FALL BREAK 
---------------------
This year for Fall Break, we drove to Utah.
1st stop: Blanding.
 We stayed friday and saturday night with Bruce's sweet sister Kari. She is so fun! They have the sweetest family. Their house is in such a dreamy place with lots of land to explore... and lots of fun things to ride. My boys were in heaven.

And when I say my boys, I mean Bruce.
The kids all loved it... wild berries, lots of cats and Uncle Kurtis's taxidermy shop out back filled with all kinds of animals and heads, guts and creations. I love walking down the tiny downtown to the little drug store that sells everything from medicine to house decor to clothes and toys. Blanding is where Bruce grew up, so he has a special place in his heart for it. 
We watched Saturday general conference with them. What a treat to stay there and feel what good people they are!

FUNNY STORY:
One moment while staying there the boys were exploring around outside. Logan comes running back so excited. He was yelling "I found a trumpet!" I was expecting a flower that looked like one or something... but he came and showed me a full brass weathered trumpet that he found out in the field. He was so excited to find such a treasure. Later that trip I found it in his suitcase. Like he thought "finders keepers"... ha ha. So I texted Kari to tell her Logan took it and asked if she wanted it back. She said he could keep it because the cousins had found it in some junk yard and brought it home. Logan and I thought it was so cool, we hung it on our wall in the living room when we got home.

No comments: